LOWELL GEORGE,JOHN HAMMOND,FREEBO
2-LOVE ME LIKE A MAN
3-UNDER THE FALLING SKY
5-LOVE HAS NO PRIDE
7-GOING DOWN TO LOUISIANA
9-CAN’T FIND MY WAY HOME
12-YOU GOT TO KNOW HOW
2-COME RIDE IN MY AUTOMOBILE/
4-AS THE YEARS GO PASSING BY
5-WATCH MY PONY RIDE ?
6-I CAN’T BE SATISFIED
7-SKY IS CRYING
9-HONEST I DO
11-IT’S TOO LATE
CD1- FM REBROADCAST MASTER > 1ST GEN REEL > M-AUDIO TRANSIT >
COOL EDIT > CD WAVE EDITOR > FLAC >
goody > dBpowerAMP > Cool Edit Pro (Pitch Bender +52 cents) > TLH (FLAC Level 8),
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
July 6, 2000
A nice review from Expecting Rain.
01. Oh Babe, It Ain’t No Lie (acoustic)
02. Song To Woody (acoustic)
03. Desolation Row (acoustic)
04. Tangled Up In Blue (acoustic)
05. Searching For A Soldier’s Grave (acoustic) (Larry on mandolin)
06. Country Pie
07. If Not For You
08. Down In The Flood
09. I Don’t Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met) (Bob on harp)
10. Drifter’s Escape (Bob on harp)
11. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
12. Things Have Changed
13. Like A Rolling Stone
14. Girl Of The North Country (acoustic)
15. Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
Audience recording > Unknown transfer > CDR(x) > EAC (Secure/Offset) > WAV > FLAC (Level 8) > DIME
From original uploader:
Full spectrum (not a MD recording). Very good to excellent sound, A-.
Please retain this info file as an indicator for this particular lossless set of files. If you happen to pass it on in trades, then please list it as such in your description, thereby reducing the possibility of others getting duplicates.
Allman Brothers Band
New York State Fairgrounds
Download “Its Not My Cross to Bear” – see below for the whole show.
Source: Aiwa mics (worn at headband) > Sanyo cassette recorder
Transfer: MC > ?????? > Audacity > WAV
Mastering: Wavelab 6.01 (x-fade tape flips, patch small glitches, tracking, fades) > FLAC > tagging
1. Don’t Want You No More >
2. It’s Not My Cross To Bear
3. Statesboro Blues
4. You Don’t Love Me
5. Please Call Home
6. Blue Sky
7. band introductions
8. Midnight Rider
9. I’m No Angel
10. Trouble No More
11. Blues Ain’t Nothin’
12. Duane’s Tune
14. In Memory of Elizabeth Reed
15. Done Somebody Wrong
16. One Way Out
18. Just Before The Bullets Fly
21. Les Brers In A Minor >
22. drums >
23. bass >
24. Les Brers In A Minor
25. Whipping Post
I love this blog. For years now I’ve got to share great music with cool people. There are always tons of great conversations going on and many of you are way more knowledgeable than me so I’m constantly learning new information. From time to time various folks send me awesome shows to listen to and post. We’ve even had a few folks who’ve sent me so much stuff I just let them go ahead and share directly to the blog.
On a couple of occasions I’ve been lucky enough to get something rare – maybe a newly remastered show, or something only recently circulating, or something straight from a taper.
Today is one of those times. A few weeks back someone sent me a message saying he’d taped a bunch of shows many years ago and was looking for a place to share them. One of those shows was an Allman Brothers gig that he thought was both killer in performance and in the quality of his tape. Would I be interested in sharing it?
Of course I was. Due to my lousy internet and various other complications its taken us weeks to get everything in order, but here we are, mostly. The very last complication comes from the band. ABB is cool with tapers and traders, but they are kind of old school about it. Their official policy states that you can tape shows and share them, but only via pre-internet methods. They don’t want torrents, they don’t want digital downloads.
I have no idea why this is, my guess would be it has something to do with the anonymous nature of the internet and how grabbing something from a torrent doesn’t develop personal relationships like the old trading days did. Whatever the reason I’m planning to follow those rules and won’t be posting the show here.
However, if you would like a copy of the show send me an e-mail and we’ll work something out.
The show does sound amazingly good all things considered. The taper did a great job of capturing it. It is also a very excellent performance. I’m not a huge ABB fan, but the boys were smokin’ this night. As far as I can tell no one else taped this show that night, and until now its not been in circulation. I know the taper has given it to a couple of other folks recently to help with the mastering or whatever so they might have shared it, but it really does seem to be a rather rare treat.
The Point Theatre
December 3, 1994
Source: Unknown audience recording. Lineage info is unknown.
01. Did Ye Get Healed?
02. It’s All In The Game > Make It Real One More Time
03. I Believe To My Soul
04. Whenever God Shines His Light
05. Hungry For Your Love
06. You Make Me Feel So Free
08. Days Like This
09. See Me Through > Soldier of Fortune > Thank You Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin
10. Ain’t That Loving You Baby?
11. Don’t Cry No More
12. Stormy Monday > Baby What You Want Me To Do?
01. Help Me
02. Tupelo Honey
03. Moondance > My Funny Valentine
04. It’s Hustle Time > It’s A Man’s Man’s Man’s World
05. Vanlose Stairway > 4 O’Clock In The Morning > Trans-Euro Train
01. Lonely Avenue > Be Bop a Lula > Lonely Avenue > Family Affair > Down The Line > You Give Me Nothing But The Blues
02. In The Garden > Daring Night > Real Real G
03. Madame George (Marianne Faithfull)
05. Northern Muse (Solid Ground)
06. Irish Heartbeat
07. Shakin’ All Over
Total time = 164:33
Lossless Bootleg Bonanza: High Counry (Featuring Jerry Garcia & David Nelson) – San Francisco, CA (02/19/69)
Jerry Garcia & David Nelson sitting in with
High Country (San Francisco area bluegrass band)
The Matrix, San Francisco CA
SBD> Mreel> Reel> Dat >Wav>Shn
Seeded By Mike Lai
Lost Live Dead has a nice review of this show.
1. INSTRUMENTAL 02:00
2. ON AND ON 03:41
3. COME TO YOU WHEN I DIE 04:44
4. HIGH COUNTY 03:40
5. TEARDROPS IN MY EYE 02:58
6. BIG RIVER 02:41
7. WORKING ON THE BUILDING 04:50
8. BRAND NEW PAIR OF SHOES 03:06
9. SOLDIER’S JOY 04:21
10. SWING LOW SWEET CHARIOT 03:10
11. I’M BLUE I’M LONESOME TOO 03:36
12. BLUEGRASS STOMP 05:10
13. I WONDER WHERE YOU ARE TONIGHT 02:41
14. BLUEGRASS BREAKDOWN 04:12
15. TELL ME YOU DON’T MEAN GOODBYE 03:06
16. FOGGY MOUNTAIN BREAKDOWN 03:34
17. You win again 03:38
18. The Bottle Let me Down ??? 02:55
19. Like you Used To ??? 02:33
20. Riot In Cell Block #9 03:49
Jack Breslin Student Events Center
Michigan State University
East Lansing, Michigan USDA
November 9, 2004
Source: Wario Master: Audience recording > DPA 4022 > Denecke PS-2A > Sony PCM-M1 > M-Audio Audiophile 2496 > ? > SHN.
02. Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
03. It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue
04. Lonesome Day Blues
05. Desolation Row
06. Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
07. Under The Red Sky
08. It’s Alright, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding)
09. Love Minus Zero/No Limit
10. Cold Irons Bound
11. Girl Of The North Country (acoustic)
01. Floater (Too Much To Ask)
02. Honest With Me
03. Masters Of War
04. Summer Days
05. Like A Rolling Stone
06. (band introductions)
07. All Along The Watchtower
Total time = 108:15
Bob Dylan – piano, harp
Larry Campbell – guitar, slide guitar, cittern & pedal steel
Stu Kimball – guitar
Tony Garnier – bass
George Recile – drums
From the original uploader:
Though in the cruel nest of my enemy, I enjoyed being at this show.
I don’t know the circumstances of why LB-2165 was fixed. Based on how the files are written, I would assume there was a bounty of SBEs that were fixed before the show circulated. But that’s a guess.
This is in the original SHN file set for LB-2165. LB-2165 is fixed; the unfixed files do not appear to have circulated. Another guess.
The track Love Minus Zero/No Limit from this date was included as filler in:
I have no idea if the tracks (Crystal Cats vs. Wario Master) are from the same source, and as far as I can tell, there is no release of the MSU from Crystal Cat.